Thursday, July 11, 2013

We Love BOB Books!

You know those little emergent reader books - BOB books - we LOVE them! I think I probably have every title, plus maybe doubles of some. Between teaching and parenting we have definitely went through these books. Why do I love them so much? Let me count the ways! Each book has a letter - sound focus. The books introduce and encourage sight word reading and consonant-vowel-consonant words. Some of the books introduce punctuation. The books are great for working on fluency. I've even used them to do running records. And, finally, they have great pictures that go along with the story and help with comprehension and decoding.

It is absolutely amazing what you can do with one little book! Therefore, I am excited to present to you a packet that was designed to go with the BOB Books Set 1: Beginning Readers. You can find it here. This is a 70-page packet that includes the following for each book in set 1: a sound chart, upper and lower case letter search, short vowel fill in the blank, consonant fill in the blank, phoneme segmentation, phoneme blending, and sight words: read, highlight, copy the sentence, and illustrate the sentence.

I hope that you will check it out and find it as useful as I have! Like I've said, I love them and the possibilities for incorporating them into a reading program are practically endless!

God Bless
Kristi


No comments:

Post a Comment